Here it is, my swing dress! I took my time with this dress and it hasn’t been the easiest process, but now it’s done. I’m not 100% satisfied with it (expecially with the fit at the waist), but maybe I need some time to grow accustomed to it. That sometimes happens to me with the stuff I sew: it requires a lot of time and hard work, that when it’s finished, I need a little while to fall in love with it again.
I’m really sorry for the crappy bedroom pictures, but spring is still very shy here: I took these photos on monday and it was snowing outside! My hair was also not collaborating, but enough with the excuses! I promise I’ll put more effort in my pictures, but I hope you’ll like these anyway.
The zipper is hand sewn using a prickstitch. I avoided an invisible zipper because I always manage to make a mess with them. This detail goes well with the vintage feel of the dress.
A detail of the inside: I underlined the dress in white lightweight cotton. I also used the fashion fabric to conceal the interfaced midsection, as suggested by Casey.
And then, the last touch: I sewed one of the labels I made for my shops.
Casey, thank you so much for hosting this sewalong, it was a beautiful experience! I hope it won’t be the last on your blog!