The "Anna Molly" dress



The theme of this week at the Sew Weekly was Red, White and Blue, which (patriotism aside, since I'm not American) are probably my favorite colours to wear.
When my original plan didn't work out, I decided to turn to the Lily dress pattern, that had been sitting in my stash for a while waiting to be tried.
I don't remember if I bought this blue IKEA cotton before or after seeing the release of the pattern, but it turned out to be perfect; I love this colour combo! Also, IKEA fabrics rock: I was surprised by the quality of this cotton and it was very inexpensive.

As usual, my favorite thing about Colette patterns is that I get a very good fit with very small adjustments. This time I cut a size 4 bodice, grading up to a size 10 in the hips. In the end, I only had to take in a few cm from the back zipper at waist level (I do have a tiny waist compared to my very large hips) and to take the skirt side seams slightly in above the hips.
I started late in the morning and in a few hours I had a dress I really love and feel great in.
You can read more about it and why I named it like this in my post.