This month's project for the Minerva Blogger Network is one I'm particularly proud of.
After salivating for months over the pinafores sold at Dahlia, I decided to recreate one for me, the Tripoli pinafore. It looks edgy and cool, a bit different from the cutesy, vintage inspired clothes I tend to make and wear most of the time.
Here's my inspiration.
Because I'm more short waisted and bustier than the model, the pinafore obviously looks a bit different on me, but I'm fine with that. It looks like a cage around my boobs, but what can I say? I still like that.
The patterns I used are the Pendrell blouse by Sewaholic for the blouse (view B without the seam ruffle) and the Chardon skirt by Deer and Doe for the pinafore. More details on the construction are in my post.
If you want to make this outfit for yourself (or something similar), the kit is for sale here. It contains 2m of cherry print fabric, 1,50m of cotton poplin fabric, a black 14" (35cm) silver metal zip and 4m of elastic. Otherwise, you can find the cherry print fabric here and the cotton poplin here.
I think they're both very versatile and that they'll blend perfectly in my wardrobe, although I'm particularly excited about the pinafore. I can't wait to wear it with all kinds of different tops and colored tights!